Family Law in New Brunswick (PLEIS)
A series of pamphlets dealing with family law. The purpose of these pamphlets is to provide some basic information about family law in New Brunswick. It does not contain a complete statement of the law in the area and laws change from time to time.
Public Legal Education and Information Service is a non-profit organization that is mandated to provide the public with law information resources. PLEIS-NB receives funding and in-kind support from this Department and the New Brunswick Law Foundation and Justice Canada.
New Brunswick residents.
The publications on Family law include:
• Applying for Custody, Access and Support in New Brunswick
• Child & Spousal Support - Questions & Answers
• Child & Spousal Support - What you should know about enforcement if you pay support
• Child & Spousal Support - What you should know about enforcement if you receive support.
• Child & Spousal Support - What you should know about the new tax rules and guidelines on child support
• Court-Ordered Evaluations Support Program
• Custody and Access in New Brunswick
• Doing your own DIVORCE in New Brunswick
• Domestic Legal Aid
• Family Support Orders Service Who We Are & What We Do
• Federal Child Support Guideline Tables
• For the Sake of the Children
• Living Together
• New Brunswick Child Support Variation Kit
• Parenting: Rights and Responsibilities of Young Parents
• The Financial Statement and Income Information
• The Marital Property Act of New Brunswick
• What Parents Should Know About Child Protection
• Who's Minding the Kids? A Homecare Guide
• Who's Minding the Kids? A Parent's Guide
• Who's Minding the Kids? A Sitter's Guide
The related link will take you directly to the publications.
Anyone wishing to obtain general family law information or to register for the free parent information program, For the Sake of the Children, please call 1-888-236-2444.
Please note: PLEIS-NB cannot offer legal advice. Anyone requiring specific information about their own situation should contact a lawyer.