Public Advisories & Alerts
Executive Council Office
Government offices in downtown Fredericton will be open on Tuesday22 April 2019
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Provincial government offices in downtown Fredericton will be open on Tuesday, April 23.
A number of bridge access ramps and streets are closed. Traffic congestion in the downtown is a concern, and parking availability is reduced. Employees are strongly encouraged to minimize the use of personal vehicles in the downtown by:
- using public transit;
- using the park and ride organized by City of Fredericton Transit (details below);
- arranging flexible or staggered work hours;
- moving work meeting sites away from downtown or switch to teleconferencing;
- walking or biking;
- carpooling; or
- working from home if feasible and appropriate.
In all cases, allow more time to travel to your destination.
The legislature will be open and main estimates will proceed for the scheduled departments.
Park and Ride
The City of Fredericton has organized four park and ride shuttle locations (two on the north side and two on the south side) with free parking and direct bus access to downtown. Details are available on the City’s website.
- The lot at 115 Woodstock Rd. (next to the Delta hotel) normally used by Service New Brunswick for driving examinations is open to parking.
- The parking garage behind HSBC Place is closed.
- Employees are asked not to use the parking lot at the Victoria Health Centre (65 Brunswick St.) since it is the site of operations for the Emergency Measures Organization.
- The status of any parking lot is subject to change on very short notice.
The flood is continuously being monitored. An update on government offices will be communicated if circumstances change. Employees should check their emails regularly.22-04-19