Public Advisories & Alerts
* Public Alert - River Watch
Nashwaak River reaches flood stage01 April 2019
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The Nashwaak River at Durham Bridge has reached flood stage at 21 metres because of an ice jam. Flood stage is 21 metres.
People living or working in areas prone to localized flooding are reminded to be aware and take the proper precautions to safeguard their homes and possessions.
Area residents are advised to:
- consider moving belongings to higher ground if their property is near a waterway or is in an area that is prone to flooding;
- avoid the banks of waterways as they become dangerous this time of year. The water is cold and currents are swift and could be carrying debris;
- avoid crossing ice on recreational vehicles or on foot;
- report ice jams or issues related to rising water at 1-800-561-4034; and
- read helpful tips, the latest forecasts and public advisories by visiting the River Watch website, or by following the New Brunswick Emergency Measures Organization on Twitter and Facebook.