New Brunswickers invited to share their input for 2023-24 provincial budget26 January 2023
FREDERICTON (GNB) – New Brunswickers are invited to participate in the pre-budget consultation process for the 2023-24 budget.
“Maintaining our momentum is how we will stay on the path to a prosperous New Brunswick,” said Finance and Treasury Board Minister Ernie Steeves. “Our upcoming budget will continue the important work necessary to build on the province’s recent growth, and it is crucial we hear from New Brunswickers on the challenges ahead.”
Members of the public have until Feb. 28 to send their comments and feedback by email to email@example.com.
A pre-budget consultation document provides context on challenges facing the province, contains current financial information, and poses questions related to the government’s priorities:
· How does the province increase the supply of housing in response to strong population growth?
· What supports are needed to help New Brunswick’s vulnerable population deal with the rising cost of living?
· What opportunities are there to modernize the health-care system so that it is accessible, responsive and meets the needs of a growing population?
· What is needed to strengthen the education systems to prepare students for success in the modern work environment?
· What investments are needed to transition to a low-carbon, green economy?
“This consultation process not only benefits New Brunswickers today, but future generations, as well,” said Steeves. “We all have a role to play, and I look forward to hearing from the public as we develop the 2023-24 budget.”