NB Power announces recipients of Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards08 May 2019
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Organizations, individuals and communities that have demonstrated leadership and innovation in energy efficiency were celebrated with NB Power’s second annual Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards. The awards ceremony was held as part of the utility’s Energizing Efficiency Conference in Moncton.
The awards recognize the achievements of New Brunswickers who undertook efficiency projects during the past year or who have demonstrated a long-standing commitment to furthering energy efficiency.
“Energy efficiency is a cornerstone of NB Power’s vision of sustainable energy, and we are pleased to recognize the best of this province’s energy efficiency leaders and highlight the tremendous work that they are doing across the province,” said NB Power president and CEO Gaëtan Thomas.
The award recipients in each category are:
Legacy Award: Conservation Council of New Brunswick
- This award recognizes an organization’s long-standing commitment and contribution to energy efficiency in New Brunswick.
Innovation Award: Ski Crabbe Mountain
- This award recognizes an exemplary energy efficiency and/or renewable energy project in New Brunswick that demonstrates innovative practices, scalable technology, green economic development and/or significant energy savings.
Partnership Award: MCW Maricor
- This award recognizes a service organization, retailer, vendor, realtor or supplier that has demonstrated leadership and best practices in helping NB Power deliver its energy efficiency programs.
Community Award: Tobique First Nation
- This award recognizes a community or First Nations community in New Brunswick that has demonstrated commitment to energy efficiency through growing awareness and taking action.
Rising Star Award: Naveco Power Inc.
- This award recognizes an individual (or group) less than 30 years of age who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to energy efficiency and conservation through advocacy, volunteerism, research, education or projects.
Education Award: EOS Eco Energy Inc.
- This award recognizes an educator, group of educators, class or educational institution that has developed and implemented an educational program to inspire action on energy efficiency and conservation.