Discussion guide on climate change released25 May 2016
FREDERICTON (GNB) – A discussion guide entitled Building a Stronger New Brunswick Response to Climate Change has been released.
“This discussion guide was developed as a tool to aid the select committee on climate change in their work as they consult with the public and interested stakeholders on options to strengthen New Brunswick’s response to climate change,” said Environment and Local Government Minister Brian Kenny.
The guide outlines some of the challenges and opportunities associated with climate change and identifies potential actions that could be taken to address the issue. The committee will use the guide to foster a dialogue with New Brunswickers. The committee will determine how it will consult the public and will prepare and table a report of its work in the legislative assembly.
Members of the committee are:
- Carleton-Victoria MLA Andrew Harvey;
- Memramcook-Tantramar MLA Bernard LeBlanc;
- Moncton East MLA Monique LeBlanc;
- Charlotte-Campobello MLA John Ames;
- Shippagan-Lamèque-Miscou MLA Wilfred Roussel;
- Oromocto-Lincoln MLA Jody Carr;
- Albert MLA Brian Keirstead; and
- Fredericton South MLA David Coon.
The discussion guide is available online.