Office of the Lieutenant-Governor
Queen’s counsel appointments named11 October 2013
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Eleven New Brunswick lawyers have been appointed Queen’s counsel. Lt.-Gov. Graydon Nicholas made the announcement today.
The recipients are:
● René J. Basque, Moncton;
● Michel Bastarache, Moncton;
● Michael E. Bowlin, Fredericton;
● Nancy E. Forbes, Fredericton;
● James E. Fowler, Moncton;
● Margaret Gallagher, Saint John;
● Cameron H. Gunn, Fredericton;
● Catherine Lahey, Saint John;
● John B. Malone, Sussex;
● Shirley C. MacLean, Fredericton; and
● Nicole Poirier, Moncton.
J. Ernest Drapeau, chief justice of New Brunswick, chairs the committee that makes recommendations to the lieutenant-governor.
The designation of Queen’s counsel recognizes the accomplishments and contributions made by these individuals to their profession and community.
The swearing-in ceremony will take place on Oct. 28 at the legislative assembly in Fredericton.