VIVE Award recipients announced08 March 2021
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Five women in New Brunswick have been presented with the inaugural Minister's Award for Excellence in Championing Gender Equality – VIVE.
The VIVE Awards were created to promote gender equality in daily life, at workplaces and in the government while recognizing those who have made a significant and sustained difference, who inspire, or have championed change and diversity.
“Women are our pride, our hope, our future, and the recovery that will carry us through this pandemic,” said Tourism, Heritage and Culture Minister Tammy Scott-Wallace, who is also the minister responsible for women’s equality. “We are thrilled to spotlight some of New Brunswick’s outstanding unsung heroes.”
The following recipients were selected for this year’s awards:
- Youth Champion – Emma Coakley, Saint John;
- Community Champion – Johanne Perron, Moncton;
- Business Champion – Sara Holyoke, Fredericton;
- Everyday Champion – Karen Pearlston, Fredericton; and
- Government Champion – Cheryl Hansen, Fredericton.
More information about the VIVE Awards and this year’s winners is available online.
Nominations for the 2022 VIVE Awards will open in September.