Strategic Initiatives Fund - Export Component
Tourism, Heritage and Culture
The Strategic Initiatives Fund – Export Component aims to assist arts organizations and cultural businesses or entrepreneurs who wish to enhance their exposure outside New Brunswick, undertake artistic exploration or exchanges with international partners, and nurture new and existing art markets in a global context.
Please submit an application at least three weeks prior to the start of your project.
Eligible APPLICANTS would include (but not limited to):
• Non-profit arts and cultural organizations legally incorporated in New Brunswick;
• Cultural Industry for-profit businesses legally registered in NB, (craft entrepreneurs, commercial galleries etc.);
• Municipalities with a cultural policy;
• First Nations groups.
This program provides funding in the form of a grant of up to 50% of the project’s total cost to a maximum of $10,000 per year for projects within the Atlantic Provinces (regional level) or a maximum of $25,000 for projects outside the Atlantic Provinces (national and international levels) and aims to:
• Promote the development of the New Brunswick arts and culture sector through professional development opportunities, industry events, brand development and market preparedness;
• Ensure organizations and cultural industry business employees have the skills, capacity and tools to succeed in a global environment;
• Enable organizations and cultural industry businesses to develop new domestic and international markets, raising visibility and economic sustainability;
• Support projects that provide export opportunities for New Brunswick’s professional arts and culture sector.
Eligible activities would include:
• Educational and mentorship opportunities and workshops;
• Cultural exchanges with other provinces or countries;
• Industry events and conferences;
• Participation in trade shows and missions;
• Market preparation (research/development and exploration);
• Promotional material development;
• Presentation or touring of artists, exhibitions, or artistic works to one or more locations outside New Brunswick.
*Please refer to the guidelines which contain important information about the criteria and conditions of this component.