Status of the Artist
The report can be accessed here: Status of the Artist Report
After 7 years of work, the Premier’s Task Force on the Status of the Artist report is completed.
The Report highlights 24 recommendations, which address the improvement of the socio-economic status of professional artists.
The Report is divided in four parts:
- Understanding Creative Work
- Artists living in Economic Insecurity
- A Legal Framework
- Increasing the Median Income and Access to Social Benefits for Artists
The following items would ensure provisions specific to New Brunswick Professional Artists and the recognition of their profession:
- Definition of professional artist
- Recognition of professional artists in New Brunswick
- Individual negotiations rights for professional artists
In summary, the report addresses the socieconomic status of professional artists in New Brunswick, and introduces the creation of legislation:
- Providing a general framework to affirm recognition and fair compensation for professional artists, and;
- Establishing broad terms for artists’ negotiation.
The Task Force is confident that the report and its recommendations will help achieve an increased median revenue and a greater access to social benefits.