Adoption – New Brunswick Adoption Grant
In order to support New Brunswick families who have chosen to adopt, the provincial government is offering a one-time grant to offset the costs associated with adoption.
The following are the eligibility requirements for the adoption grant:
• Only New Brunswick residents may receive the New Brunswick Adoption Grant;
• The applicant must have completed the adoption of a child(ren) who has not attained the age of 18 years at the time the adoption order is issued or recognized;
• The adoption must meet New Brunswick’s provincial adoption requirements;
• The adoption order has been issued by, or recognized by the New Brunswick provincial government for that child; and
• The adoption must have taken place within the previous 12-month period and the child must be living permanently with the adoptive parents in New Brunswick.
Please see Information and Guidelines under Related Links for more information.
The province of New Brunswick is committed to helping more New Brunswick residents become parents. Adopting a child is one way in which families can grow in New Brunswick. In order to support those who have chosen to adopt, the New Brunswick government is offering an adoption grant that provides qualifying adoptive parents with a one-time grant of $1,000 to offset the costs associated with adopting a child.