Government of New Brunswick

Dependent(s) of an active client may be taken into care or placed in a foster home by the Department of Social Development.

In written documentation, the SD social worker involved should advise the case manager that the child(ren) have been taken into care and the date. The social worker should state the intent of SD, as to whether or not the child(ren) will be returned to the parental home in the future.

Basic Rate

If the intent is to return the child(ren), the social worker may recommend that the household continue to receive the same rate as if the dependent(s) were there. This is intended to allow the parent to maintain suitable living accommodations for the dependent to return to.