REVISED / Pick up information for payments to Social Development clients and vendors26 November 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Monthly social assistance payments made by cheque through the Department of Social Development will be available for pickup at designated sites around the province.
Due to the potential disruption of postal service as a result of the ongoing rotating strikes, regional offices have made arrangements to distribute cheques at the locations indicated below.
Monthly payments made by direct deposit will be issued as normal. Clients who do not currently receive their monthly payments by direct deposit are encouraged to consider this option.
Clients are reminded that they will need to produce their health card and one other piece of identification, or two pieces of identification, to collect their payment.
In addition to social assistance, payments made to clients and vendors for social service delivery will be sent to regional offices of the Department of Social Development for pick up. Please note that identification will be required to pick up a payment.
Any questions can be directed to one of the department’s regional offices.
Clients will be able to pick up their cheques at the following locations on Nov. 29 and 30, unless otherwise specified:
Region 1 – Moncton area (locations open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Moncton: 770 Main St.
- Richibucto: 149-25 Cartier Blvd. (Nov. 29 only; closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
- Sackville: 170 Main St., Unit C-1 (Nov. 29 only; closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
- Shediac: 143-342 Main St. (Nov. 29 only; closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Region 2 – Saint John area (locations open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Saint John: 344 Somerset St. (open Nov. 29 only)
- Saint John: 1 Agar Place (open Nov. 30 only)
- Sussex: 707 Main St.
- St. Stephen: 73 Milltown Blvd., Suite 300
Region 3 – Fredericton area (locations open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Fredericton: 460 Two Nations Crossing
- Woodstock: 200 King St.
- Perth-Andover: 19 Station St. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Region 4 – Edmundston/Northwestern area (locations open 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Edmundston: 121 de l’Église St., room 408
- Grand Falls: 131 Pleasant St. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Region 5 – Restigouche area (locations open Nov. 30 only, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Campbellton: 157 Water St., Suite 100
- Kedgwick and Saint-Quentin: 39A Notre-Dame St., Kedgwick
- Jacquet River: 3843 Main St. (open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Region 6 – Chaleur area (location open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Bathurst: 275 Main St., Suite 200
Region 7 – Miramichi area (open Nov. 29 only, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Miramichi: 152 Pleasant St.
- Neguac: 430 Principale St.
Region 8 – Acadian Peninsula area (open Nov. 29 only, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Caraquet: 20-E Saint-Pierre Blvd. W.
- Tracadie: 2nd floor, 3514 Principale St.
- Shippagan: 182 J.D. Gauthier Blvd.
After these dates, remaining cheques can be picked up at the local Social Development office. If necessary, clients may also reach out to their case managers to make other arrangements.26-11-18