New Brunswick celebrates 8th annual Wellness Week01 October 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – New Brunswickers are encouraged to take advantage of activities being held as part of Wellness Week, Oct. 1-7.
Each year, Wellness Week provides an opportunity for groups, organizations, communities, workplaces and schools to celebrate and grow the Wellness Movement in New Brunswick by hosting activities designed to encourage and support people in making healthy choices for themselves, their families and their communities.
A free community calendar allows community groups and organizations to share information about their events with the public.
Some of the activities taking place during Wellness Week include:
- Oct. 1 – Supersized Zoomers class, hosted by the Fundy Wellness Network, Horizon Health, the Zoomers on the Go 50+ exercise group and Port Saint John, beginning at 11 a.m. All ages are welcome.
- Oct. 2-3 – Chaleur Wellness Forums, hosted by the Chaleur Wellness Network and the Wellness Branch of the Department of Social Development.
- Oct. 4-7 – Live Feed Festival, hosted by the Be Alive Northumberland Wellness Network, in partnership with Roots to Table and community partners.
- Oct. 4 – Annual newcomer health and wellness fair, hosted by the Fredericton Multicultural Association, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Oct. 4 – Launch of the Kent Wellness Network, beginning at 6:15 p.m.
- Oct. 5 – Wool Sock Walks, hosted by PRO Kids, in Dieppe at 8:30 a.m. and in Edmundston at 8:45 a.m.
- Oct. 6 – Tomlinson Lake Hike to Freedom, organized by the Tomlinson Lake Group, from noon to 6 p.m.
- Oct. 6-7 – Wellness fairs in Edmundston and the Acadian Peninsula.
- Oct. 13 – Zombie Run, organized by the Restigouche Wellness Network and Les Aventuriers de Charlo. All ages are welcome.