Monthly Social Development payments available for pickup around the province25 September 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Monthly social assistance payments made by cheque through the Department of Social Development will be available for pickup at designated sites around the province.
The department is taking this step to prevent potential delays with the mail delivery of the cheques due to a possible Canada Post work stoppage. Monthly payments sent by direct deposit will be issued as normal. Clients who do not currently receive their monthly payments by direct deposit are encouraged to consider this option.
Clients are reminded to bring their health card and one other piece of identification, or two pieces of identification, to collect their payment.
Only social assistance payments will be available for pickup at the designated sites. All other monthly payments that are not made by direct deposit can be picked up at the department’s regional offices. People with questions can contact their regional office.
Clients will be able to pick up their cheques at the following locations on the dates indicated:
Region 1 – Moncton area (Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Moncton: 770 Main St.
- Richibucto: 149-25 Cartier Blvd.
- Sackville: 170 Main St., Unit C-1
- Shediac: 143-342 Main St.
Region 2 – Saint John area (Oct. 1, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Saint John: 344 Somerset St.
- Sussex: 707 Main St.
- Grand Manan: 130 Rte. 776, Unit 4 (open noon to 4:30 p.m.)
- St. Stephen: 73 Milltown Blvd., Suite 300
Region 3 – Fredericton area (Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Fredericton: 460 Two Nations Crossing
- Woodstock: 200 King St.
- Perth-Andover: 19 Station St. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Region 4 – Edmundston/Northwestern area (Oct. 1, 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Edmundston: 121 de l’Église St., Room 307
- Grand Falls: 131 Pleasant St., Room 35
- Sainte-Anne-de-Madawaska: 75 Pleasant St.
Region 5 – Restigouche area (Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Campbellton: 157 Water St., Suite 100 (open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Dalhousie: 410 Adelaide St.
- Kedgwick and Saint-Quentin: 39A Notre-Dame St., Kedgwick (open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Jacquet River: 3843 Main St.
Region 6 – Bathurst/Chaleur area (Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Bathurst: 275 Main St., Suite 200
Region 7 – Miramichi area (Oct. 1 and Oct. 2, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Miramichi: 152 Pleasant St.
- Neguac: 430 Principale St.
Region 8 – Acadian Peninsula area (Oct. 1 and Oct. 2, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Caraquet: 20-E Saint-Pierre Blvd. W.
- Tracadie: 3514 Principale St.
- Shippagan: 182 J.D. Gauthier Blvd.
After these dates, remaining cheques may be picked up at local Social Development offices. If necessary, clients may also contact their case managers to make other arrangements.25-09-18