Infrastructure projects must meet one of the following outcomes outlined in the Integrated Bilateral Agreement.
Community, Culture and Recreation Infrastructure
- Improved access to and/or increased quality of cultural, recreational and/or community infrastructure for Canadians, including Indigenous peoples and vulnerable populations.
Rural and Northern Communities Infrastructure
- Improved food security.
- Improved and/or more reliable road, air and/or marine infrastructure.
- Improved broadband connectivity.
- More efficient and/or reliable energy.
- Improved education and/or health facilities (specific to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action).
Green Infrastructure – Climate Change Mitigation
- Increased capacity to manage more renewable energy.
- Increased access to clean energy transportation.
- Increased energy efficiency of buildings.
- Increased generation of clean energy.
Green Infrastructure – Adaptation, Resilience and Disaster Mitigation
- Increased structural capacity and/or increased natural capacity to adapt to climate change impacts, natural disasters and/or extreme weather events.
Green Infrastructure – Environmental Quality
- Increased capacity to treat and/or manage wastewater and storm water.
- Increased access to potable water.
- Increased capacity to reduce and/or remediate soil and/or air pollutants.
Public Transit Infrastructure
- Improved capacity of public transit infrastructure.
- Improved quality and/or safety of existing or future transit systems.
- Improved access to a public transit system.