Why do we pay a service fee for 9-1-1?
The 9-1-1 service fee:
- Ensures that 9-1-1 operators are available 24/7 to take calls and that they are well trained and maintain a high standard of service;
- Helps operators locate callers no matter where they are in the province;
- Is used to improve how fire services are dispatched to emergencies and how they communicate with each other once on scene;
- Puts tools like enhanced technology and mapping in place to improve emergency service response throughout the province.
- Supports emergency management planning and response capability. It is all about getting the right emergency provider to the right place faster, saving more lives and properties.