Atlantic premiers and federal ministers to discuss Atlantic Growth Strategy09 July 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Premier Brian Gallant will meet with his regional counterparts and federal cabinet ministers in Summerside, P.E.I., this week to discuss the progress made over the past two years through the Atlantic Growth Strategy.
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot, the Atlantic Study and Stay Program and ocean superclusters are among the topics that will be discussed.
“This will be an opportunity to work together on boosting exports from Atlantic Canada to markets around the world,” said Gallant. “Working together to overcome our shared challenges and seize opportunities results in a stronger region and a stronger New Brunswick.”
The Atlantic Growth Strategy focuses on the following five priorities:
- Attracting and retaining a skilled workforce and immigrants.
- Fostering greater business innovation, driving leading-edge technology and generating new ideas.
- Reaching climate change targets and advancing clean growth.
- Creating long-term growth and high-quality jobs through trade, investment and tourism.
- Supporting growth and connecting people through infrastructure.
In addition, the premiers and ministers are expected to discuss the itinerary for a trade mission to China to promote international trade and investment opportunities in the business and educational sectors.