Student Financial Services
New Brunswick Student Financial Services continues to monitor the changing situation for students and borrowers resulting from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Information on our website will be updated as appropriate.
Student Financial Services recognizes the impacts to both students and institutions as a result of COVID-19. This has generated questions on how program changes, delays and cancellations will affect student financial assistance funding. We have provided answers for some of the more common questions in the following FAQ document.
The Government of New Brunswick is committed to providing financial relief during the pandemic. New Brunswick Student Loan repayment requirements will be suspended between March 31 until September 30, 2020. For more information:
- FAQs – Suspension of Canada and New Brunswick student loans for 6 months
- FAQs – Suspension of New Brunswick student loans in collections for 6 months
Need financial aid for your post-secondary studies? The Government of New Brunswick and the Government of Canada work together to provide student financial assistance. Loans, grants and bursaries are available to help you access and pay for post-secondary education. With one application, you will be considered for student financial assistance from both the Government of New Brunswick and the Government of Canada.
We are currently processing:
- Full-time and part-time applications submitted on May 25, 2020*
- Applications for the Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for students with permanent disabilities submitted on May 28, 2020*
- Supporting documents submitted on May 27, 2020*
- Requests for review of funding submitted on May 28, 2020*
* Processing times for applications and supporting documentation are between 2 to 4 weeks from the date they are submitted.
* Processing times for requesting a funding review are between 4 to 6 weeks from the date they are submitted.
Last updated: June 1st, 2020
Full-time Students for 2019-2020 academic year (August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020)
Before you apply:
Part-time students for 2019-2020 academic year (August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020)
- Request for program information (full-time students only)
- Medical assessment for students with permanent disabilities
- Change of academic status (full-time students only)
- Change of address
- Authorization to disclose information
- Requesting a funding review (full-time students only)
- COVID-19 extension request (full-time students only)