The Government of New Brunswick offers free information sessions on the Employment Standards Act.
Offered provincewide in both official languages, French and English, these information sessions can be tailored to any request: one-on-one or in a group setting.
With information sessions, employees and employers can be more informed of their own rights and responsibilities in New Brunswick.
The information sessions can cover:
- Rules of payment and payroll records
- Minimum wage/overtime and minimum reporting wage
- Notice of dismissal, layoff or termination
- Paid public holidays and vacation/vacation pay
- Foreign workers
- Employment of children
- All leaves under the Employment Standards Act including domestic, intimate partner and sexual violence leave, maternity leave and child care leave
Set up an information session
To request an information session, please contact us in one of the ways shown above or submit an online request.