Government of New Brunswick

The Labour and Employment Board may determine certain questions arising from a decision of the Superintendent of Pensions, upon referral.

PLEASE NOTE:  Complaints or Applications under the Pension Benefits Act must initially be made to the Superintendent of Pensions appointed under the Financial and Consumer Services Commission Act. If a party is dissatisfied with the Superintendent’s decision, the matter can be appealed to the Financial and Consumer Services Tribunal. The Tribunal may refer to the Labour and Employment Board a question of law or a question of mixed law and fact involving labour or employment law, and the Board’s determination of that question is deemed to be a part of the Tribunal’s decision.