Individuals recognized for stepping up for New Brunswick26 January 2021
FREDERICTON (GNB) – A total of 89 New Brunswickers have been recognized for exemplary acts of service since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through the program Stepping up for my New Brunswick, members of the public had until the end of the year 2020 to nominate individuals they felt had stepped up in various and meaningful ways to minimize the impact of the pandemic in the province.
“Over the course of the year, New Brunswickers have demonstrated resilience, leadership, generosity and support for one another,” said Premier Blaine Higgs. “From all regions of New Brunswick, individuals went above and beyond, for their neighbours, friends, family members and their communities. On behalf of all New Brunswickers, it is with great honour and admiration, that I sincerely thank each of the individuals who have been stepping up for our province, as well as the people who submitted their nominations.”
The 89 individuals recognized were selected because they stepped up in different ways, such as:
- shopping for groceries and delivering them to seniors or to people in quarantine;
- working hard to provide medical care, nursing home services and education for both children and adults;
- taking steps to ensure the health and safety of their employees and customers;
- providing canine therapy to first responders;
- organizing fundraisers for charitable groups; and
- helping to ease isolation for those at home through online fitness classes, music shows and more.
A list of the recipients with descriptions of their contributions is available online.