Justice and Public Safety
Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour
Numbers that can help during the holidays22 December 2016
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The provincial government has a range of supports available for people who need help during the holidays.
“The holiday season can be a joyous time for many New Brunswickers, but that is not the case for everyone,” said Families and Children Minister Stephen Horsman. “We want people to know that help is available.”
During the holidays, people can call to get help regarding health care, abuse or other kinds of emergencies.
- After-hours emergency social services: 1-800-442-9799
- Social Development regional offices:
- Moncton (Region 1): 1-866-426-5191
- Saint John (Region 2): 1-866-441-4340
- Fredericton (Region 3): 1-866-444-8838
- Edmundston (Region 4): 1-866-441-4249
- Restigouche (Region 5): 1-866-441-4245
- Chaleur (Region 6): 1-866-441-4341
- Miramichi (Region 7): 1-866-441-4246
- Acadian Peninsula (Region 8): 1-866-441-4149
Children, youth and families
- Child abuse and neglect: 1-888-992-2873
- Chimo Helpline: 1-800-667-5005
- Fredericton Sexual Assault Crisis Centre: 506-454-0437
- Beauséjour Family Crisis Resource Centre: 506-533-9100
- Tele-Care 811
- Gambling: 1-800-461-1234
- Teletypewriter Service (TTY): 1-866-213-7920
Income support (employment)
- 1-888-452-2687 (English) or 1-888-487-2824 (French)
Note that the Employment Standards Branch will be closed Dec. 28-30.
More information is available online.
- Road conditions: 511 or www.511.gnb.ca
- Emergency Measures Organization: 1-800-561-4034
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911 or your local emergency services.