Pharmacists must document how the patient meets the eligibility criteria for this policy and use an appropriate assessment and prescribing tool.
The assessment and prescribing tool must be used to document the following (as applicable):
- Patient, legal guardian, substitute decision maker consent
- Patient assessment
- Treatment plan, including:
- Specific instructions for use for over-the-counter products
- Follow-up plan
- Referral and notification of the patient’s physician or nurse practitioner when one exists. If one does not exist, the pharmacist will document that they have provided the patient with a copy of this notification.
- Completed follow-up information.
Pharmacists must document reason(s) for initiating treatment in patients that are at higher risk, including immunocompromised or with symptoms of complicated disease.