If you are a health professional looking for Medicare physician billing forms, information or practitioner registration information please visit the Health Professionals webpage.
Medicare and Drug Plans
Medicare services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- New Brunswick will cover the cost of COVID-19 services for uninsured people who do not meet the criteria for Medicare coverage. This will help to ensure that no one will be discouraged from seeking screening or treatment for COVID-19 for financial reasons.
- Anyone currently living in New Brunswick, regardless of their current Medicare eligibility status, will be covered by Medicare for any care or service necessary for the treatment of all emergency medical conditions.
- If your Medicare card expires between March 16, 2020– April 30, 2020 your coverage will automatically be extended until June 1, 2020.
- Medicare is continuing to process Medicare applications, renewals and personal information changes.
- Until further notice, these requests can be submitted directly by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Medicare – Eligibility and Claims
New Brunswick Medicare
Department of Health
P.O. Box 5100
Fredericton, N.B., E3B 5G8
- General Information
- Your New Brunswick Medicare Card
- Required Documentation for Registration
- Applying for a card:
- New/Returning Residents
- International Students
- Exempt from the three month waiting period
- Canadian Armed Forces Dependents
- Foreign Nationals/Out of Country Residents moving back to New Brunswick
- Renewal or Replacement
- Maintaining Coverage/Changes to Personal Information
- Leaving New Brunswick
- Coverage and Claims:
- Inside New Brunswick
- Outside New Brunswick (within Canada)
- Out of Country
- Out of Province Hostel Facilities
& Meal Allowance