Patient Connect NB is a provincially managed, bilingual patient registry for New Brunswickers without access to a primary health care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner).
New Brunswickers without a provider can register with Patient Connect NB and will be assigned to a provider on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will be contacted directly by the Primary Care Provider’s office once you are referred to their practice.
Patients are not automatically registered and must complete the on-line registration or call 811 when:
- your provider closes their practice; or
- you apply for a Medicare card.
Patient matching process:
Patient Connect NB sends lists of patients to providers in a specific area based on registration date.
- Providers are only provided with a short list of people registered in a specific area. If a certain practice does not have you on their list it does not mean that you are not registered with Patient Connect NB – it just means that you have not been referred to that provider at this time.
- The practice will make multiple attempts to contact patients on their list directly by phone to arrange an appointment, if you can not be reached your name will be removed from the list.
Patient registration information:
It is the responsibility of the patient to keep their information up to date with the Patient Connect NB program. Attempts will be made to contact people registered on an ongoing basis to keep files up to date. If we are unable to reach you after three attempts, your registration will be removed.
Patient Connect NB
New Brunswickers without a primary care provider can register online for Patient Connect NB
Important information on the process
- Patient Connect NB gives priority to patients without a primary care provider and refers people on a first come, first serve basis by area.
- It is important to note that patients do not keep their spot in the list if they close their file. To be matched to a primary care provider, the patient would have to create a new registration. Each time a patient registers, a new record is created with the current date of registration and all old registrations are cancelled.
- If a patient refuses the provider supplied by Patient Connect NB, their file will be closed, and they will be required to complete a new registration.
- If Patient Connect NB is unable to reach a patient on three separate occasions, by phone or mail, their file will be closed.
- If a provider is unable to reach a patient on three separate occasions by phone, their file will be closed.