Government of New Brunswick

If an adjustment or payment is made to your real property tax account resulting in a credit balance and you wish to obtain a refund or transfer the credit to another property tax account, a request for a refund is required by the assessed owner or their representative. A form can be completed online, a printed form can be accepted at your local Service New Brunswick Centre or mailed directly to:

Finance and Treasury Board
Revenue Administration Division
PO Box 3000,
Fredericton, NB
E3B 5G5

You may leave the credit in your tax account where it will accrue interest, as a prepayment towards next year’s taxes. Property tax refunds in the amount of $50.00 or less will not be issued and will remain as a credit on the account.

You will require the following information to complete this form:

  • Property Account Number (PAN)
  • Security Code – identified on your most recent Property Tax Notice or Tax Statement
  • The address for a refund, if a credit is applicable
  • Additional Account number(s) for a refund or transfer to another Property Tax Account

Please include proof of payment if payment was made at Service New Brunswick. If the property has changed ownership, please include the Statement of Adjustments.

If you have additional questions, please call Finance and Treasury Board – Revenue Administration Division at 1-800-669-7070