Capital budget to be released on Dec. 1128 November 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The provincial government announced today that the 2019-20 capital budget will be tabled on Dec.11.
“There are many challenges ahead, but by working together, we will focus on areas that will show the world that New Brunswick is a destination of choice for families and businesses,” said Finance Minister Ernie Steeves. “We are committed to managing our finances in a sustainable manner by reducing net debt, which has almost doubled over the last decade. We need to be smarter in how we manage taxpayers’ dollars and we need to strengthen the economy today so that we can have a brighter future.”
The government has set out five priority areas:
- Establishing balanced sustainability for the province’s finances.
- Energizing the private sector.
- Making public health care accessible and dependable.
- Building a world-class education system.
- Giving every New Brunswicker a pathway to the middle class.
“We know that we must invest, but we must do so smartly,” said Steeves. “We need to ensure that any service or initiatives provided by government are performed to the highest standards and deliver on results.”