Pre-budget consultation announced29 September 2017
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The provincial government released a discussion paper and public meeting schedule today to encourage participation in the pre-budget consultation process.
“With the engagement of New Brunswickers your government has developed a balanced and comprehensive plan to address our fiscal challenges,” said Finance Minister Cathy Rogers. “We will keep listening on the important issues facing our province today and in the future. I encourage New Brunswickers to read the report and to share their ideas either by attending one of the upcoming public sessions or by submitting their feedback directly online or by mail.”
The discussion paper provides a picture of the province’s finances and asks questions related to the issues and opportunities identified.
Nine public meetings, focused upon priorities for the 2018-19 budget, will be held throughout New Brunswick from Oct. 10 to Oct. 30.
“We have a well-thought-out plan to balance the budget by 2020-21 and it is working,” said Rogers. “We can achieve our fiscal objectives while continuing to invest strategically in priority areas such as jobs, education and health care. I urge New Brunswickers to become engaged and participate in the pre-budget process. This is an excellent opportunity to continue our conversation on the issues we face daily.”
The discussion paper is available online. The public is invited to share their ideas online by Nov. 17.
Following is the schedule of public meetings:
- Bath – Tuesday, Oct. 10, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Knights of Columbus, 22 Hallett Rd.
- St. Stephen – Wednesday, Oct. 11, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Garcelon Civic Center, 22 Budd Ave.
- Miramichi – Monday, Oct. 16, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Miramichi Exhibition Pavilion & Trade Show Building, 24 Church St.
- Edmundston – Tuesday, Oct. 17, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Centre de congrès d’Edmundston, 74 Canada Rd.
- Pointe-Verte – Wednesday, Oct. 18, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Centre la Barque, 423 Principale St.
- Shippagan – Thursday, Oct. 19, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Centre des congrès de la Péninsule acadienne, 106A, Aquarium St.
- Moncton – Monday, Oct. 23, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Delta Beauséjour, 750 Main St.
- Fredericton – Wednesday, Oct. 25, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
St. Thomas University Conference Centre, 368 Forest Hill Rd.
- Saint John – Monday, Oct. 30, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Lily Lake Pavilion, 55 Lake Dr. South