Your Pay and Benefits
Competitive pay and benefits
- Our pay and benefits are competitive compared with other jurisdictions in Atlantic Canada, and are favorable when considering the cost of living in New Brunswick.
Performance-based merit increases
- Employees may be eligible for annual merit increases, based on their performance evaluations.
75% employer-paid health benefits
- Health benefits help employees and their families pay for the cost of eligible prescription drugs, and medical expenses including out-of- province travel health coverage.
50% employer-paid dental benefits
- Benefits help employees and their families pay for the cost of eligible dental expenses.
Minimum of three weeks paid vacation
- Employees receive three weeks of paid vacation, increasing to four weeks of after eight years of work, and five weeks vacation after 20 years of work.
- Employees also have the option of purchasing an additional two months vacation each year.
- All employees receive 11 paid holidays.
Flexible personal leave
- Personal leave policies enable employees to lead a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle.
Maternity and adoption leave at 75% of your salary
- We support families by providing a salary top up for a maximum of 17 weeks following a birth or adoption. Spouses and partners receive parental leave of up to five days.
100% employer-paid Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employees receive counselling and support to help deal with personal or work-related challenges.
Extensive life, accident, critical illness, and disability benefits
- Employees receive 100% employer-paid Basic Life and Accident Insurance at one times/salary.
- Long Term Disability Benefits are paid by the employee to ensure a tax free benefit in the event of a prolonged disability due to illness or injury.
- Voluntary Life and Accident Insurance is available for employees and their families at low group rates.
- Critical Illness Benefit provides a lump sum benefit for employees who suffer a major illness such as heart attack, stroke or cancer.
Three weeks of paid short-term sick leave per year
- Short-term sick leave benefits are 100% employer paid. They accumulate at a rate of 1.25 days per month, and are carried over from year to year.
Retirement income based on your salary and years of service
- A Voluntary Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan is available to help employees build additional retirement income.
- Employees receive free retirement planning seminars to help them understand how much they need to save today to ensure a financially secure retirement.