- Rodent-proof construction will exclude chipmunks from structures.
- Use 1/4-inch (0.6-cm) mesh hardware cloth to exclude chipmunks from gardens and flower beds.
- Store food items, such as bird seed and dog food, in rodent-proof containers.
- Ground covers, shrubs, and wood piles should not be located adjacent to structure foundations.
- Live (box or cage) traps.
- Rat-sized snap traps.
- Taste repellents. Repellents containing bitrex applied to flower bulbs, seeds, and vegetation (not for human consumption) may control feeding damage.
- Small gauge shotguns or .22-caliber rifles