As part of a comprehensive review process, the applicant is requested to submit additional details pertaining to the development and reclamation of the proposed peat extraction site. This information generally includes but is not limited to:
A 1:10,000 scale or greater detail map showing natural watercourses, public roads and any surrounding or neighbouring land uses within 1000 metres of the proposed extraction site.
- Description of the extraction method and estimated annual peat production.
- Proposed development sequence of the peatland.
- A site plan showing entrances to the site, roads, location of buildings and facilities, peat stockpile location.
- A drainage plan showing the proposed ditch network and location of settling ponds.
- A map showing the proposed lease boundaries.
Environmental Protection Plan
- A description of the mitigative processes proposed to treat water discharged into the surrounding environment.
- A description of the mitigative processes proposed to limit peat dust from leaving the extraction site.
- A detailed description and schedule of the planned procedures for the restoration, reclamation and rehabilitation of the site.
- An estimated cost of the reclamation program.