his virtual field trip examines the geological setting of granite-related gold mineralization in the Clarence Stream area of southwestern New Brunswick. Two major mineralized zones have been identified at the Clarence Stream deposit: the Main Zone and the Anomaly A Zone.
Mineralization features of the Main Zone and Anomaly A Zone show similarities to proximal and distal deposits of granite-related gold systems, respectively. Recognition of such gold systems in southwestern New Brunswick has significant implications for future mineral exploration in the Northern Appalachian Orogen.
The Clarence Stream Area (CSA) virtual field trip contains the following:
- Maps showing the surface distribution of the groups and formations that comprise the CSA
- Schematic stratigraphic columns of the rock groups
- Digital photo’s of the rock units* from type-sections and other significant exposures
- Links to the New Brunswick Stratigraphic Lexicon and to digital Fieldtrip Guidebooks (see links to PDF files on the right);
- A listing of Fieldtrip Stops that pertain to corresponding rock formations/units.
All graphic- and photo-images may be downloaded and used freely. Questions regarding this virtual field trip or the Clarence Stream Area should be directed to email@example.com.