Accounting and Reporting requirements for New Brunswick municipalities.
The Control of Municipalities Act provides the statutory requirement for the Commissioner of Municipal Affairs to establish accounting and reporting systems to be used by local governments and related local service bodies, including Regional Services Commissions. The New Brunswick Municipal Financial Reporting Manual is issued under this Act and provides information and direction on accounting and reporting requirements specific to New Brunswick local government bodies.
Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards
Resources for NB local governments
- New Brunswick Municipal Financial Reporting Manual
- Guidance relating to accounting for capital works on provincially designated highways and contributions towards tangible capital assets owned by other organizations (November 2011)
- Sample Tangible Capital Asset Policy - September 2010
- NB Guide to Accounting and Reporting for Tangible Capital Assets - September 2010
- Asset Classes, Thresholds, Useful Lives
- Summary Document - Controlled Entities
- Appendix A - Determination of Control
- Appendix B - CICA PSAB Handbook excerpt