The ETF will continue to implement a more strategic approach in linking project funding with Departmental / Government priorities. To this end, applicants should pay special attention to the sections on Priority Areas and achieving the goals of the government of New Brunswick (Fiscal Responsibility, More jobs and Best Place to raise a family). If more than one Priority Area is selected, please indicate the one you feel is most relevant to your project.
- This year, there will be an emphasis on supporting innovative projects and those with established and documented partnerships and other secured funding.
- To increase efficiency and conserve our natural resources, all applications must be submitted in an electronic format, using the on-line application form. Applications submitted on any previous version of the form will not be considered for funding.
- Priority areas for ETF funding for the coming year include protecting our environment, increasing environmental awareness, managing our waste, addressing climate change and building sustainable communities.
- The deadline for the submission of final reports for 2019-2020 will be March 1, 2020.
- All final reports must be submitted in an electronic format and include an executive summary.
- In an effort to select projects providing the greatest benefit to the environment, increased emphasis will be placed on deliverables and project outcomes in evaluating project applications and final reports. Applicants should pay particular attention to this section of the ETF application with emphasis on providing tangible results for projects and measures of success. These elements should also be stressed in the final report. For example, if the goal of a project is environmental outreach and education, simply tracking audience or participant attendance is not, by itself, a useful measure of success. Projects of this nature should also incorporate some means of audience or participant feedback / survey / assessment, etc. to gauge the usefulness and effectiveness of their message.