2017-18 Excellence in Education Awards (francophone sector)05 November 2018
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Five teachers and three early childhood educators in the francophone sector have received the Excellence in Education Award in recognition of their exceptional work over the 2017-18 school year.
The awards recognize individuals who have shown exceptional dedication, ingenuity, leadership, passion and professionalism throughout the education and early learning systems. They also highlight the success of innovative methods of fostering young children and students, exceptional efforts to promote a positive learning environment, and initiatives to support students with difficulties.
The 25th annual Excellence in Education Awards ceremony was held on Saturday, Nov. 3, in Fredericton. Awards were presented to the following educators:
Francophone Nord-Est school district:
- Cynthia St-Coeur – École Le Tremplin, Tracadie
- Martine Arseneau – École de la petite enfance, Tracadie
- Chantal Doucet – École secondaire Népisiguit, Bathurst
Francophone Nord-Ouest school district:
- Nicole Cormier – Marika Care and Education Center, Grand Falls
- Sara Beaulieu – École Régionale Saint-Basile, Edmundston
Francophone Sud school district:
- Isabelle P. Desjardins – École Le Sommet, Moncton
- Monique Vautour – École Soleil Levant, Richibucto
- Lise Maillet – Centre éducatif Le Platinum, Dieppe
The government’s 10-year education plans aim to improve educational outcomes and better prepare young people for the future. They set objectives in priority areas to create inclusive environments for all learners, create lifelong learners, support educational leaders and bring stability to the system.