2012 Teaching Excellence Awards (francophone sector)05 November 2012
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Five teachers in the francophone sector were presented with Teaching Excellence Awards in recognition of their exceptional work during the 2011-12 school year. The ceremony was held in Fredericton on Nov. 3.
Education and Early Childhood Development Minister Jody Carr presented the following teachers with their awards at the 19th annual ceremony:
● Annie Beaulieu (École Marie-Gaétane, Kedgwick - Francophone nord-ouest school district);
● Suzanne Hébert (École Sainte-Bernadette, Moncton - Francophone sud school district);
● Gerry Pelletier (Cité de l'Amitié, Bathurst - Francophone nord-est school district);
● Charles-Édouard Rousselle (École L'Envolée, Shippagan - Francophone nord-est school district); and
● Rachel Schofield-Martin (École communautaire Blanche-Bourgeois, Cocagne - Francophone sud school district).
“This is an excellent opportunity to publicly demonstrate our respect and admiration for these men and women who are constantly putting their creativity and dedication to good use to ensure the success of their students,” said Carr. “They are the pride of our education system. They encourage their students to excel, gain self-confidence, and acquire the knowledge and skills needed for their academic success.”
Carr also highlighted the dedication shown on a daily basis by school staff and by partners in education.
“This annual celebration of teaching excellence reminds us all of the positive impact that a teacher has on a student's learning, especially in literacy and numeracy,” he said. “Teachers are key players in the promotion of a learning environment that is both positive and inclusive. It is because of the co-operation of all the partners in education that we can provide an environment in francophone and Acadian schools that allows all students to achieve success and to build their identity.”
The Teaching Excellence Award, established in 1992, has been presented to 152 teachers who have shown outstanding creativity, dynamism and dedication.