The Farm Products Commission (Commission) supervises the activities of commodity Boards and Agencies formed under the Natural Products Act (Act) to ensure they operate in the manner consistent with the purpose and intent of the Act.
Some of the activities of the Commission include:
- conducts appeal hearings;
- administers the conciliation-arbitration process respecting potatoes used for processing;
- negotiates and serves as a signatory to federal-provincial agreements for supply managed commodities;
- license those involved in the dairy products trade;
- sets the price for fluid milk products sold in the province;
- food Inspection as it relates to product quality and standards.