High quality early learning and childcare, support for you
Coming in 2018/2019 for all preschool children in designated New Brunswick Early Learning Centres
March 1, 2018 – Greater Edmundston area and City of Saint John
2018-2019 – Provincial roll-out
New Brunswick’s vision is to build a high-quality early learning and childcare system that families can rely on and where every child receives appropriate services enabling them to reach their full potential.
The Designated Centre – Parent Subsidy program provides financial support to low and middle income families and is based on a sliding scale (between $37,501 and $80,000) which considers child care fees, the number of children under the age of five not attending school and the total annual gross household income.
Families with a total annual gross income of $37,500 or less will have access to free early learning and child care services at a designated New Brunswick Early Learning Centre. Those with multiple preschool children under the age of five will not pay more than 20% of their gross household annual income on childcare.
Are you eligible?
Families are eligible for the Designated Centre – Parent Subsidy program if:
- They have at least one preschool aged child who is not in school and who is registered in a Designated Facility; and
- They are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, as well as a resident of New Brunswick; and
- They are either working, in a training or education program or have a special circumstance; and
- Their gross annual household income (before deductions) is $80,000 or less; OR
- Their expenses for childcare services are more than 20% of the gross annual household income (before deductions).
What are the subsidy rates?
The Designated Centre – Parent Subsidy is based on a sliding scale between $37,501 to $80,000, which considers the child care fees, the number of children under the age of five not attending school and the total annual gross household income.
Families using after-school child care provided in a designated centre and child care services provided by non-designated centres will continue to access the Daycare Assistance Program. Applications must be submitted to the Department of Social Development.