Health questions

If you have symptoms:
  • Please do not visit a hospital, physician’s office, lab or healthcare facility without consulting 811 first.
  • If you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911 immediately. Advise them of your symptoms and travel history.

Workers in the health-care sector may call 1-833-475-0724 if they develop COVID-19 symptoms.



Non-health questions

A toll-free information line and email address, which offers services in both languages, has been set up to help answer non-health related questions, including questions about compliance with the state of emergency. The number, 1-844-462-8387, is operational seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The email address is Concerns about workplace safety should continue to be directed to WorkSafeNB.

For questions related to travel restrictions during COVID-19, please call: 1-833-948-2800  



Workers and businesses

Declaring a state of emergency in our province has resulted in a lot of calls about what can stay open and what must close. Businesses that are open must take precautions to keep their workers safe. This includes social distancing, providing a clean working environment, and any other precautions needed to keep workers healthy and safe.

Keeping small, medium and large employers informed about resources available is critical during this pandemic to support economic resiliency and recovery. Businesses owners with questions they can’t find answered on the COVID-19 Guidance for Business webpage, should contact Opportunity NB’s team of Business Navigators by emailing:, or calling 1-833-799-7966.

WorkSafeNB: 1-800-999-9775


Education and Early Childhood Development

Parents who have children attending early learning and child care are encouraged to register to the Parent Portal with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s Parent Portal to receive direct communications from the department include COVID-19. 


211 New Brunswick

As the province navigates the second wave of COVID-19, people who need support are often unsure where to turn. Whether it is help obtaining food, mental health support or other non-emergency programs and services in the community, residents are advised to dial 2-1-1. This is a free, bilingual, confidential resource to help New Brunswickers navigate the network of community, social, non-clinical health and government services.


Social Development

Social workers continue to provide essential services to protect children and adults. The department is taking all precautions to ensure the safety of its employees and the public. The public should continue to inform Social Development of any situation that causes concern for the safety of children or adults at 1-800-442-9799.

Other key services:   

  • Police – emergency: 911
  • Chimo Helpline: 1-800-667-5005
  • Child Abuse and Neglect: 1-833-SDDSTel (1-833-733-7835)
  • Canadian Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-833-900-1010
  • Looking Out for Each Other (Missing & Murdered Indigenous Families In Need of Direction): 1-833-664-3463
  • Beauséjour Family Crisis Resource Centre Inc.: (506) 533-9100
  • Sexual Violence New Brunswick: (506) 454-0437
  • L’Éclipse Edmundston: (506) 739-7729
  • South East Sexual Assault Centre: 1-844-853-0811
  • Libère-toi, Acadian Peninsula: (506) 395-3555
  • Greater Saint John Sexual Assault Response Team: (506) 634-8295, ext. 214



Child protection

To report a suspected case of child abuse, please call 1-833-SDDSTel (1-833-733-7835) or After Hours Emergency Services: 1-800-442-9799.

Regional Offices
1-833-SDDStel (1-833-733-7835)



Adult protection

Regional Offices

1-833-SDDStel (1-833-733-7835)



Domestic violence outreach services

  • Acadian Peninsula: (506) 395-6233
  • Bathurst: (506) 545-8952
  • Campbellton: (506) 790-1178
  • Charlotte County: (506) 469-5544
  • Kent County: (506) 743-5449
  • Edmundston: (506) 740-4888
  • Fredericton: (506) 458-9774
  • Kennebecasis Valley: (506) 847-6277
  • Miramichi: (506) 778-6496
  • Moncton: (506) 377-5444, (506) 381-8808
  • Saint John: (506) 649-2580, (506) 632-5616
  • Shediac: (506) 533-9100
  • Sussex: (506) 433-6579
  • Woodstock: (506) 328-9680



Free shelters and transition houses for women & children

  • Complexe de l’espoir Inc. (Tracadie): (506) 395-6035
  • Crossroads for Women (Moncton): (506) 875-3515
  • Escale Madavic (Edmundston): (506) 739-6265
  • Fundy Transition House (St. Stephen): (506) 466-4485
  • Gignoo Aboriginal Transition House (Provincial): 1 800 565-6878, (506) 458-1224
  • Grace House (Fredericton): (506) 450-3001
  • Hestia House Inc. (Saint John): (506) 634-7570
  • Maison de Passage House Inc. (Bathurst): (506) 546-9540
  • Maison Notre Dame (Campbellton): (506) 753-4703
  • Miramichi Emergency Centre: (506) 622-8865
  • Women in Transition (Fredericton): (506) 459-2300
  • Sanctuary House (Woodstock): (506) 325-9452
  • Serenity House (Kent): (506) 743-1530
  • Sussex Vale Transition House: (506) 432-6999



Second stage housing for women & children

  • Liberty Lane (Fredericton): (506) 451-2120
  • Maison Oasis (Kent):  (506) 743-5449
  • Residence of Hope (Shediac): (506) 533-9100
  • Second Stage (Moncton): (506) 875-3515
  • Second Stage Safe Haven Inc. (Saint John): (506) 632-9289
  • Complexe de l’espoir Inc. (Tracadie): (506) 395-6035
  • Carol-Ann’s House, (St. Stephen): (506) 466-4590
  • Escale Madavic (Edmundston): (506) 739-6265



Service New Brunswick

Service New Brunswick provides more than 400 services to the public on behalf of other government departments and agencies. The majority of these can be done online ( and through Teleservices (1-888-762-8600.)



Federal measures

The Government of Canada is taking action to support Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak. To learn more about these actions refer to Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.