The Government of New Brunswick intends to use its social media sites to present matters of public interest in New Brunswick and engage with stakeholders and citizens.
We encourage you to submit your questions, comments and concerns, but please note discussions will be moderated. Please keep in mind that we cannot tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. We do not discriminate against any views but we reserve the right to restrict or remove any posts that:
- Are abusive, graphic, obscene, explicit, racial, and hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- Suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Are spam.
- Advertise, promote, defame or defraud a financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- Contain information that reasonably could compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Contain copyrighted material.
- Endorse or oppose political figures or campaigns or ballot measures.
- Are off subject or out of context.
- Are identical and by the same user.
- Provide non-published or private information about the Government of New Brunswick or its employees such as personal emails, home phone numbers or addresses.
- Contain comments contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Contain personal identifying information or sensitive information, as defined by the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
News media are asked to direct enquiries to departmental communications contacts.
Keep in mind that social media sites are public; therefore any content submitted is not confidential. You assume personal responsibility for your comments, username and any information provided. Please refrain from posting detailed personal information (health or medical information, financial information, address, phone number, etc.).
Occasionally, we may post or display links for websites that are not under the control of the Government of New Brunswick .These links are provided solely for the convenience of the users. The Government of New Brunswick is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content on these sites.
Comments or opinions expressed on Government of New Brunswick social media sites from members of the public and are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed by outside contributors do not necessarily represent the views of The Government of New Brunswick.
We follow/like individuals and organizations relevant to the business of the Government of New Brunswick. Our decision to follow or like a particular individual or organization does not imply an endorsement of any kind.