Note: Please ensure you have attached necessary documents in Word or PDF format. Links to cloud-based documents (Skydrive, Google Docs, etc.) or other download areas (FTP sites) cannot be accepted due to current Government of New Brunswick security policies.
Vacancy for appointment
New Brunswick Housing Corporation
The renewed New Brunswick Housing Corporation will have three primary responsibilities:
- To improve housing options for all New Brunswickers, collaboratively with all levels of governments and a wide range of stakeholder groups, through the implementation, evaluation, and evolution of a housing strategy
- To develop and administer a wide range of subsidized housing programs including the creation and maintenance of provincial housing facilities, and the administration of leasing agreements with landlords.
- To administer The Residential Tenancies Act including holding in trust all security deposits and investigating and resolving tenant and landlord disputes and complaints through mediation or adjudication.
The powers of the New Brunswick Housing Corporation may be found in subsections 10(1) and 10(2) of the New Brunswick Housing Act.
The board of directors of the NBHC are appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council and shall consist of the Minister, who shall be Chair; the President and CEO, who shall be Vice-Chair; and not fewer than three (3) and not more than eight (8) other persons.
Current position(s) to be filled:
The Government of New Brunswick is now accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates who would like to be appointed as a member to the New Brunswick Housing Corporation.
Expressions of interest received for this position may also be used to fill future vacancies.
- have strong oral and written communication skills;
- possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- be a resident of New Brunswick and familiar with geographic regions of the province;
- demonstrate independence and sound judgment;
- have a reputation for honesty, integrity and fairness;
- work effectively with others and manage conflict constructively;
- be willing to devote the time and effort required to be an effective board member including attendance at board and committee meetings; and
- have an absence of any conflict of interest.
Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- public policy development;
- risk management;
- strategic planning;
- non-profit or cooperative housing agencies
- rental/housing market
- municipal Government
- urban and regional planning and development/community planning
- tenancy matters
- housing construction
Essential and Asset Qualifications:
The composition of the Board’s gender and linguistic representation, as well as the cultural and geographic diversity of the province is a consideration for appointment.
Members must be willing to participate in four – six in person meetings per year. These will be held in Fredericton, during the daytime; it is expected the meeting schedule and location will adjust once the corporation gets established in its new mandate.
Remuneration and expenses for members is set by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council; rates are currently under review.
Expressions of interest (a resume and cover letter) may be submitted by e-mail, regular mail, or fax, with details of education, volunteer, board/committee, work experience, and contact information (telephone, civic address, and e-mail). In addition, please complete the application form.
While we appreciate the interest of those who submit an expression of interest, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. Inquiries relating to specific opportunities can be made after the deadline passes and should be directed to the responsible department.
Executive Council Office
P. O. Box 6000
Deadline for Submission :
14 July 2023
Type of Appointment :
Lieutenant-Governor in Council
Three years and may be considered for reappointment
Associated / Responsible Department :Executive Council Office
E-mail address for submissions :