Nominations open for municipal byelections01 October 2021
FREDERICTON (GNB) – Nominations have opened in nine communities to fill 13 vacancies in byelections to be held on Monday, Nov. 8. Nominations close at 2 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15.
Returning offices open in those municipalities next week.
If more than one candidate is nominated for a position, a byelection will be held. The communities with vacant positions are:
- Beaubassin East (one councillor);
- Cambridge-Narrows (mayor);
- Drummond (three councillors);
- Kedgwick (one councillor for ward 2);
- Lamèque (one councillor);
- Nigadoo (two councillors);
- Petitcodiac (one councillor);
- Port Elgin (one councillor); and
- Saint-Louis de Kent (two councillors).
“Elections New Brunswick encourages residents in these communities to consider offering for these important positions,” said Municipal Electoral Officer Kimberly Poffenroth. “Serving on council allows individuals to give back to their communities.”
Nomination papers may be picked up from a municipal returning officer or at local municipal offices, or they can be downloaded from the Elections New Brunswick website.