Health Services Out of Province Medical Program
This program assists clients with coverage for the balance of the cost of eligible medical or hospital services that were received outside of New Brunswick that were not completely covered by Medicare or a private health insurance plan.
This program is available to:
• Clients of this department and their dependents
• Individuals who have special health needs and who qualify for assisted health care under Section 4.4 of the Family Income Security Act and Regulations
Clients must have one of the following:
• A valid white Health Services Card showing “SUPPLEMENTARY” in the BASIC HEALTH ELIGIBILITY section
• A valid yellow Health Services Card with a “Y” under the OTH in the VALID ONLY FOR box
In order to be eligible for full benefits through this program, you must not have any other coverage for the services required.
This program covers
- the balance of the cost of specific medical or hospital services provided in another Canadian Province which are not covered by Medicare or private insurance plans.
This program does not cover
- Medical or hospital services in New Brunswick
- Services that are not benefits under NB Medicare
Requests will be assessed on an individual basis when they occur.
There is no cost to eligible clients for approved out of province services.