Film - Short Film Venture Program
The Short Film Venture Program allows individuals to express their creativity in the visual format of short films. The program is an initiative sponsored by New Brunswick Film, in cooperation with the New Brunswick Filmmakers, Co-operative of Fredericton, NB and Cinémarévie Co-op Ltée of Edmundston, (N.-B).
An eligible applicant must be a resident of New Brunswick as of the last day of the immediately preceding taxation year (December 31).
Applicants must submit a proposal by March 15 of each year, outlining their short film concept. Successful projects will be selected, and winners will be notified by April 15 of each year. The final film must be completed by February 28 of the following year.
Those chosen for the program will receive a grant of 25%, of the total cost of the project, up to a maximum of $5,000. Winners will have a chance to train with some of New Brunswick's industry professionals.
The winning productions will be given a showcase with a premier screening at a film festival in New Brunswick.
Projects submitted should meet the following guidelines:
- Be fictional in nature but could include parts of comedy, animation and docu-drama;
- Experimental, animation or documentary films will not be considered;
- Have a running time of 10 minutes or less;
- Be shot on film or digital video, and may be completed in film or digital video provided they meet standard broadcast requirements;
- The medium, theme, and subject matter are up to the applicant, provided the project is suitable for general audiences;
- Films may be produced in either English or French.
Previous applicants of the New Brunswick Short Film Venture Program, who were non-recipients, are eligible to apply.