Film - Promotional Travel Assistance
May provide financial assistance to New Brunswick resident producers travelling to significant festivals and film-related events to which they have been officially invited or selected for screening and/or competition in and outside New Brunswick.
Eligible applicants are New Brunswick residents producers.
Support may be provided where, in the opinion of the Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture, such attendance is integral to the marketing effort for a project, and where the producer applying has demonstrated experience in and commitment to the New Brunswick industry. The financial assistance will be supplied to the producer assisting at conferences, seminars, workshops, and any event that relates to the promotion and support of the film industry.
May provide up to 50% of the total travel budget to a maximum of $2,000 per producer or production company.
PROMOTIONAL TRAVEL ASSISTANCE funds are not provided in advance. Remuneration is provided only upon receipt of proof of expenditures.
Assistance may be restricted to once per fiscal year for any producer or production company.
Applications must include the following documentation:
- resume of the applicant(s);
- detailed information on the special event or festival;
- evidence of the invitation to or registration at the festival or special event;
- a detailed budget illustrating expenses and sources of confirmed or anticipated funds (allowable expenses include registration, airfare, accommodation, and per diem);
- a travel schedule;
- and following the event: receipts and/or other proof of expenditures.