Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshops
New Brunswickers living with a mental or physical chronic disease can attend free workshops called My Choices - My Health! that will help them improve their quality of life.
The workshops are for people living with a chronic disease and people providing care for someone living with a chronic disease.
These six workshops, each lasting two-and-a-half-hours, are designed to help individuals develop the knowledge and skills needed to positively manage the daily challenges associated with chronic diseases such as AIDS, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, mental illness, and high blood pressure.
Workshop topics include:
- managing pain and fatigue
- setting goals and problem solving
- dealing with difficult emotions
- healthy eating and fitness
- reducing stress and anxiety
- communicating effectively with your health care team, family and friends.
For more information about the My Choices - My Health! initiative, or to register for a workshop, call toll free 1-888-747-5511.