Criminal Law in New Brunswick (PLEIS)
A series of pamphlets dealing with criminal law. The purpose of these pamphlets is to provide some basic information about criminal proceedings in New Brunswick. It does not contain a complete statement of the law in the area and laws change from time to time.
Public Legal Education and Information Service is a non-profit organization that is mandated to provide the public with law information resources. PLEIS-NB receives funding and in-kind support from this Department and the New Brunswick Law Foundation and Justice Canada.
New Brunswick residents.
The publications on Criminal Law include:
• Defending Yourself in Provincial Court
• Defending Yourself In Provincial Court, Fact Sheet 1: So You've Been Charged With an Offence
• Defending Yourself in Provincial Court, Fact Sheet 2: The Day of Your First Appearance
• Defending Yourself in Provincial Court, Fact Sheet 3: Preparing For Your Trial
• Defending Yourself in Provincial Court, Fact Sheet 4: Your Trial
• Defending Yourself in Provincial Court, Fact Sheet 5: Sentencing
• Defending Yourself in Provincial Court, Fact Sheet 6: Key Legal Terms
• No Means No: Understanding Consent to Sexual Activity
• Peace Bonds & Restraining Orders
• Picture this... a Guide to the Criminal Justice System
• Picture this...Feedback card
• Picture this...Helper's Guide
• Spanking and Disciplining Children
• The Law, The Police and You: Your Rights When Questioned, Detained or Arrested
• Tips for the Courtroom
The related link below will take you directly to the publications.