Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) - Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification
This is not an apprenticeable course - a person can receive certification only through the challenging of the examination.
An individual desiring certification as a journeyperson in New Brunswick in the Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) occupation is required to meet one of the following five criteria:
- Completion of an Apprenticeship Program
- Occupational Experience (Time in Occupation/Trade)
- Interprovincial Status
- Equivalent Standards
- Letter of Authenticity (Grandfather Clause)
For more detailed information see "Avenues of Certification" in related links.
Fully qualified persons of journeyperson status in the Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) occupation are fully familiar with the materials, tools, principles and skills required in the Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) occupation.
Specific tasks encompassed in the Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) occupation include:
- the planning and scheduling of work;
- the preparing of the worksite;
- the diagnosing and repairing of any problems relating to lather-interior systems;
- the use in a safe manner of all hand and power operated equipment used by the lather-interior system mechanic;
- the interpreting of blueprints, shop drawings and specifications;
- the application of gypsum lath, metal lath and stucco wire;
- the cutting, preparing, welding, fabrication or otherwise handling of all lath material;
- the installation of access flooring systems;
- the installation of specialized wall and partition systems;
- the installation of shielding and soundproofing; and
- the installation of decorative finishes and accessories.
A person who has gained the equivalent of 7200 hours of practical experience in the Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) occupation may apply to challenge the certification examination. Successful candidates will receive a New Brunswick Certificate of Qualification. In most instances, an Interprovincial Red Seal will be affixed to the document.
Persons of journeyperson status may be employed with building contractors or development companies.
|Fee Description||Rate in $||Effective Date|
|Interprovincial Standards Examination||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Examination||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification based on "out-of-province journeyperson status"||150.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Certification Documents||15.00||2012-07-31|
|Tuition Fees - Technical Training weekly rate||60.00||2012-07-31|
|Certificate of Qualification Challenger Assessment Fee||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Prior Learning Assessment||100.00||2012-07-31|
|Apprenticeship Registration Fee||25.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Photo Identification Card||20.00||2012-07-31|
|Replacement of Progress Record Book||25.00||2012-07-31|
|Assessment of Foreign Credentials||100.00||2012-07-31|