REVISED / Engagement tour announced for Strategic Program Review choices18 December 2015
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The provincial government today announced dates for an engagement tour to allow New Brunswickers to provide their input on the choices being considered as part of the Strategic Program Review as outlined in the report Choices to move New Brunswick forward.
“The Strategic Program Review has been an inclusive initiative since the beginning,” said Health Minister Victor Boudreau, who is also minister responsible for the Strategic Program Review. “Not all the choices outlined in the report will be implemented; this tour will provide more opportunities for New Brunswickers to provide their input into this process.”
The tour will take place in January, in 10 communities. The sessions will feature small groups of residents participating in dialogues at their tables before sharing their conclusions with the larger group.
“I encourage New Brunswickers to read the report, get informed on the choices before us and attend one of the public sessions,” said Boudreau. “We all have a role to play in making the necessary choices to get New Brunswick back on its feet financially. The choices we make together will serve as the foundation for a province where we can invest in priorities such as job creation, health care and education.”
Input received at the public dialogue sessions will be used in the decision-making process. Decisions will be announced as part of the 2016-17 provincial budget.
The details of the tour and more information about the Strategic Program Review are available online.
The engagement tour will visit the following communities:
- Jan. 11 – Bouctouche, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., J.K. Irving Centre, 30 Évangéline St.
- Jan. 12 – Fredericton, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Fredericton Convention Centre, Pointe Sainte-Anne C Room, 670 Queen St.
- Jan. 13 – Saint John, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., NBCC Saint John, 950 Grandview Ave.
- Jan. 13 – Caraquet, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Club du bel âge de Caraquet, 331 St-Pierre Blvd. E.
- Jan. 14 – Grand Falls, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., E & P Sénéchal Centre, 60 Ouellette St.
- Jan. 16 – St. Stephen, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Garcelon Civic Centre, 22 Budd Ave.
- Jan. 18 – Dieppe, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., École Mathieu-Martin, auditorium entrance, 511 Champlain St.
- Jan. 19 – Miramichi, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Exhibition Centre, 24 Church St.
- Jan. 20 – Campbellton, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Civic Centre, 76 Water St.
- Jan. 21 – Bathurst, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., K.C. Irving Regional Center, 850 St Anne St.